January 6, 2013

two-wheel dreams.


one of my resolutions for 2013 is being honest with myself about what things i do and do not use in my life, and letting go of the things that fall into the latter category. sadly, this includes my current bike, the hot little aqua number known as the fuji feather.  it's beautiful.  but, i have to be honest, it's just not comfortable for commuting to work and it hasn't gotten enough use to justify its presence in my hallway.  so i'm trading my little feather in for something that is equally stylish but a little more practical for my everyday life.  in the search for my new two-wheeled companion i came across the jaw-droppingly stunning copper bicycle by dutch company (no surprise there) van heesch.  every single piece of metal on this bike is copper-plated, which makes for a gorgeous bike now, but i can only imagine how cool the thing will look after a few years of use when it's covered with that mossy patina.  now, do i plan on dropping $6,000 for a bike?  hell no, that's crazy. but admiring it from afar seems like a very reasonable resolution to keep.  see more from van heesch here.

No comments:

Post a Comment