October 25, 2013

nike / pendleton.





I'm excited to kick off my return to the blogosphere with a preview of the new collaboration between fashion powerhouse Nike and classic Oregon textile company Pendleton Woolen Mills.  The Nike N7 Holiday 13 Collection all started with a design for a gorgeous wool blanket - and while I'm normally more of a color girl, I love that they took a less traditional route and kept the palette tight in grays and black. Once complete, the blanket then inspired the other items - a his and hers tee, a windbreaker with tonal embroidery, and two sneakers with wool piecing - all incorporating the monochrome geo pattern in different ways.  Not only does the collection look good, but a portion of the blanket proceeds goes to the American Indian College Fund.  For now, my eyes are on those Air Force 1 Highs.  See more about the collaboration here.

No comments:

Post a Comment